Sunday, April 18, 2010

I started my current job as a Christmas casual last year and loved working there and was asked if I would like to stay on as casual permanently. I instantly said yes as I love my workplace. By January I new we were getting a new shop and let them know I was interested in Part time/ Fulltime work if the option was there. They said that there most likely would be and that they will make note of me asking. I found out last week my workplace was closing on the 22d ad we would be given shifts at other stores to help us out for 2 months. I again let them know I was interested in more work if it was available when we re open.
Today at the beggining of my shift the 2IC spoke to me saying they don't feel like I would be able to handle our new store when it opens that it will be too busy for me.
I didn't let it worry me then as I had to work but now getting home it has really hit me.
I'm a little upset as how do they know or feel that way when I have never worked in that situation. Yes I get a little overwhelmed at times but I have never been unable to do my job and I ask for help if I need it.
She thought maybe I would be better off in a quieter store.
Im just a little bummed as I only make $100 a week, it's not enough to live off and I was hoping with more work I could afford my own car and start getting somewhere in life.
I feel as though I have taken so many steps back.
Im upset as this makes me feel a little worthless. I knew I shouldn't of gotten my hopes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates